An economical valve for regulating pressures up to 10,000 psi. Suitable for air, water, oil and other fluids with low-level corrosiveness. Kerotest/Marsh “N” Series Needle Valves are used in processing plants, oil and gas production, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, testing labs—anywhere the flow of fluid must be carefully regulated.
- Maximum operating pressure: 10,000 psi (70,000 kPa).
- Minimum burst pressure: 20,000 psi (140,000 kPa).
- Temperature limits: –20° to 800° F (–28° to 426° C) for Grafiflex® packed valves, 500° F for Teflon® packed valves.
- Flow coefficients (CV): See part number table.
- Body and bonnet material: AISI 1045 alloy steel.
- Stem material: 416 stainless steel, hardened.
- Packing: Teflon, Grafiflex (optional).
- Handle: Two-prong. Cast aluminum for 1/8″ through 1/2″ sizes. Malleable iron for 3/4″ and 1″ sizes.
- Connection: National Pipe Thread, meeting specifications of Federal Standard H-28.
- Finish: Clear zinc plating.
- Assembly: Bonnet on all globe valves 1/2″ and under is threaded into body and staked to prevent turning. Body and insert for angle valves fused into single unit by a welding process.