These valves provide extra pressure outlets, permit line samplings, isolate gauges, provide a bypass, and eliminate extra connections and parts on a gauge leg, thereby reducing cost and increasing dependability. Kerotest/Marsh “N” Series Needle Valves are used in processing plants, oil and gas production, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, testing labs—anywhere the flow of fluid must be carefully regulated.
- Maximum operating pressure: 6,000 psi (42,000 kPa).
- Minimum burst pressure: 12,000 psi (84,000 kPa).
- Temperature limits: –20° to 200° F (–28° to 93° C).
- Flow coefficients (CV): See part number table.
- Body and bonnet material: 316 stainless steel or AISI 1045 alloy steel.
- Stem material: 316 stainless steel with stainless body, 303 stainless steel with alloy steel body.
- Bonnet cap (protective cover): Polyethylene, red.
- Packing: Vitron® O-ring and Teflon® backup ring (nylon backup ring for 1″ size).
- Handle: Two-prong. Stainless steel for 1/4″ through 1/2″ sizes. Malleable iron for 1″ stainless steel. Cast aluminum for alloy 1/4″ through 1/2″ sizes. Malleable iron for alloy 1″ size.
- Connection: National Pipe Thread, meeting specifications of Federal Standard H-28.
- Finish: Stainless steel is passivated (surface contamination removed). Alloy steel has a zinc-plated finish.
- Assembly: Bonnet-pin lock is standard for all soft-seat needle valves.